The AIBE (All India Bar Council Exam) is conducted by the Bar Council of India twice a year. Since 2010, the AIBE exam has been considered a pre-qualification requirement for all LLB graduates to practice law. The Bar Council of India instituted this exam in 2010 to assess a candidate’s capability to practice law in India. Before taking this exam, a candidate must register with the state bar council.
|AIBE 2021||Important Dates|
|AIBE registration start date||26th December 2020|
|Last date for registration||25th September 2021|
|AIBE 2021 admit card release||11th October 2021|
|AIBE 2021 exam date||31st October 2021|
Overview of AIBE Exam Pattern and Syllabus
In addition to consulting the best books of AIBE, candidates should strictly stick to the exam syllabus. Have a look at the table below to get a clear idea about the syllabus of the XVI AIBE:
|XVI AIBE Subjects||Number of Questions for Each Subject|
|IPC (Indian Penal Code)||8|
|CrPC (Criminal Procedure Code)||10|
|CCP (Code of Civil Procedure)||10|
|Public interest litigation||4|
|Law related to taxation||4|
|Labour and Industrial law||4|
|Alternative dispute redressal including arbitration Act||4|
|Law of Tort, includes Motor Vehicle Act and Consumer Protection Law||5|
|Professional ethics and cases of professional misconduct under BCI rules||4|
|Law of Contract, Specific Relief, Property Laws, Negotiable Instrument Act||8|
|Land Acquisition Act||2|
|Intellectual Property Laws||2|
|Total number of questions||100|
AIBE Preparation Strategy
The following tips will help you gear up your preparation for AIBE 2021:
- Analyze the syllabus of AIBE 2021 and maintain a checklist of the syllabus as you progress through the list of subjects.
- Plan a manageable, realistic study schedule and stick with it.
- Focus on the main topics with high weightage, read through the portions, and keep yourself updated on the subjects that carry medium weightage.
- Be sure to jot down the main points that will help you during revision during the preparation for the exam.
- Practicing Past Year Question Papers and taking mock papers is another strategy that will help you to ace AIBE 2021. Analyze the results of the mock papers and practice questions, which will give you a better idea of the topics that require more revision.
Best Books for AIBE Exam 2021
The table below lists the most recommended books that a candidate can follow while preparing for the XVI AIBE:
|Name of the Book||Authors|
|Central Law Agency’s All India Bar Examination Guide||Dr. S.M Rajan & P.K Jain|
|Guide to All India Bar Examination||Dr. P.K Pandey|
|Sure Success AIBE & JCJ||Justice B.S.Reddy & A.N.Reddy D.V.Rao|
|Public International Law||V.K Ahuja|
|All India Bar Examination||Shambhu Prasad Choudhary|
|Central Law Agency All India Bar Examination Guide||Dr. S.M Rajan & P.K Jain|
|Practice Test Papers for All India Bar Examination||Showick Thorpe|
|Central Law Agency All India Bar ExaminationGuide||Dr. S.M Rajan & P.K Jai|
|Law Exam Times (Vol.20)||Dr. P.K Pandey
|Solved papers of All India Bar Examination||Lovdeep Bangia & Gaurav Bangia|
|Intellectual property law||P.Narayanan|
|Ready Reference Book All India Bar Examination Guide 2021 Edition||Shambhu Prasad Choudhary
|The Constitution of India Bare Act with Short Notes||Private Publication|
|Universal’s Guide to All India Bar Examination||Private Publication|
|Practice Test Papers for All India Bar Examination||Private Publication|
Important Announcement for AIBE Exam Takers
- AIBE is no longer an open-book examination. Candidates are allowed to carry only the Bare Acts without notes in the examination hall. From AIBE-XVI on, no books, notes, or study material will be allowed in the examination hall.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit cards and view their results only through online mode from the AIBE official website.
Check out all details about AIBE Exam at https://www.shiksha.com/law/aibe-exam