Knowing and understanding your audience is crucial for any business. It is important to know their thoughts, needs, interests, pain points, what answers they are looking for, and what path they would likely take to find a solution.
When you don’t completely understand your target market, your content can’t make sense to your audience. They simply cannot relate to the content material you are providing them with.
In order to avoid such unpleasant outcomes, you need to map out a customer journey for each stage of the customer journey. To do so, you can hire an assistant who will help you with crafting a perfect buyer’s journey.
The stages are the following
- Awareness stage – During this stage, people look for answers, opinions, data, and insight.
- Consideration stage – Consumers are analyzing if it is worth buying your products or services.
- Decision-making stage – The stage when customers are ready to make a buying decision based on the research they have done.
Content Ideas For Each Stage Of a Customer’s Journey
1. Awareness stage
At the awareness stage, a consumer is trying to handle problems and receive some answers. They’re looking for useful educational content that can assist them in finding a solution. It is early to consider them as leads as they might not buy anything from you. However, if your content is helpful for consumers, they will continue their journey.
Below you can find some ideal content formats that could be very informative for your audience at this stage.
- Blog posts – Once you know what your audience is interested in, you can write articles on specific topics and use target keywords to rank high on search engines.
- Checklists – For complicated tasks, it would be nice to break them down into small and simple steps in the form of a checklist.
- How-to Videos – Many people prefer to watch short videos to learn something new rather than read a 100-page book. So, making how-to videos would be great. Make sure the quality of the video and content is good enough.
2. Consideration stage
The consideration stage is when you should try hard to convert visitors to leads, build a strong relationship with your audience, and win their trust.
For this stage, you should consider the following content formats
- Product comparison tables – When you tell a user about the benefits and disadvantages of taking a cold shower, for instance, users learn something new and decide whether they would like to try it.
- Case studies – It is a great way to persuade customers that whatever you have tried before actually worked. Just show them all the details and steps you took to achieve your goals.
3. Decision-making stage
As you are reaching the most decisive stage of your customer’s journey, it is highly important to undertake your efforts and attract your customers.
The ideal content formats for your decision stage would be
- Discount Coupons – Who does not like special offers? Customers are more likely to purchase something because of the reduced price because otherwise, they might regret missing such a great opportunity.
- Free trial – Offering a free one-month trial rather than forcing them to buy a subscription is a great way to impact your buyer’s final decision. They will not feel pressured to purchase something they are not sure about.
One last note
If you want to improve your customer journey map, consider doing a customer success survey about your content through customer success software. Ask them how helpful they find your content and what needs to be improved. Once you know this, you will be able to map a buyer’s journey that will meet your customers’ needs.
Crafting a content strategy for each stage of your customer’s journey will significantly help you to create a strong bond with your customers, and increase your sales and revenue.
We hope our blog can help you get started and reap the rewards soon.