Do you ever feel confused about choosing a dress and choosing a maxi dress every time? This says it all about how staple the dress is for every occasion. Be it a casual party or a formal meet, maxi dresses have a to fit into every event undeniably.
This article will highlight why the maxi dress is the best option and some styling tips. So, go ahead and start with the basics.
What is a Maxi Dress?
A maxi dress is an informal clothing option with a total length extending up to ankles or skimming just above it. It could be made from multiple fabrics like cotton, polyester, satin, or chiffon.
Maxi dress is styled and designed in multiple ways by altering the sleeves, including a cut on the sides, and adding frills. Prints and fabric quality have a significant role to play in choosing the maxi dresses for a specific occasion.
In the next section, let us find out why fashionistas love a maxi dress.
Why is a Maxi Dress a Wardrobe Staple?
Maxi dresses are everywhere, and there is a reason why women love them. The only time someone moves out of their PJs is because of a maxi dress.
Here’s the reason why:
- Comfort level: A maxi dress has a comfortable design and fabric that suits all types of weather and situations. You can pull it on in a few minutes, adjust your hair, put on your flats, and you’re ready.
- No-fuss about styling: You can wear a maxi dress without any accessories because they are versatile. If you’re running late, minimal jewellery or just a hat will do.
- No salon appointment: A maxi dress covers your legs to the ankle, making it easy to carry without worrying about unwaxed legs.
- Full coverage in summers: They are comfortable and protect your legs from extreme suntan. You can choose a cotton maxi dress with a full sleeve to get better protection.
- All-time classic: A maxi dress can fit into every occasion. You can top it with heavy accessories, footwear, or layers to get the desired look. Also, there are plenty of options available to choose from.
- Suitable for all body types: A maxi dress fits a woman of every size. You can both flaunt and manage your curves using this dress. It becomes easier to carry and look the best on every occasion. Maxi dress is a hassle-free option during pregnancy and post-partum.
Now that you know the benefits of a maxi dress let us dive deeper into the styling hacks.
How to Ace Maxi Dress?
If you’re already confused between different maxi dresses in your shopping cart, this style guide will help you choose one.
- A denim jacket and a classic white canvas shoe will level up your style quotient. It is perfect for a short trip or a casual afternoon beach party.
- A perfect brown leather belt with boots will add a classy touch to your looks. You can also wear a hat for additional style.
- A simple maxi dress can be paired with a vibrant and casual waistcoat. You can wear heels or ballerina to add elegance to the look.
- A maxi dress with a wide-open neck will look great with a choker or a heavy neckpiece. One can also add bling by wearing shiny sandals.
What would you pick from the above suggestions?
If you’re constantly driven to buy a maxi dress, don’t feel guilty because it’s everyone’s favourite. You need to focus on its styling and creating the best look for the event.