You have been drinking soda your entire life. However, did you know that it could lead to serious health issues? Consuming too much sugar can lead to heart disease and diabetes.
Meanwhile, in Australia, about 9.1% of adults consume sweetened beverages. And it alludes to poor health amongst a wide range of people in the country. Due to this, there are numerous healthy drink options like natural drinks by Nexba that you can indulge in.
Sugary drinks have ingredients that can be hazardous to your health. So, do you want to know the negatives of drinking your favourite soft drink? If so, read on.
The Definition of a Sugar Drink
Sugary drinks are a category of beverages that are spreading exponentially due to urbanisation. These drinks are also referred to as soft drinks. Moreover, sugar drinks can be any beverage that has artificial or added sugars to sweeten them.
For example, the presence of high fructose corn syrup or sucrose concentrations makes it harmful. Ideally, the drinks under this category are lemonades, tonic, pop, soda, fruit punch, etc.
Indeed, the Australian Government has made it their mission to limit the intake of these beverages. Due to this, numerous companies that sell the same products without harmful ingredients are arising now.
Fun Fact: Each 12-ounce bottle of soda has seven to 10 teaspoons of sugar. And one teaspoon contains 4.2 grams.
The Harmfulness of Sugar in Your Drink
These beverages are sources of high calories and hazardous ailments for your body. Therefore, sugar drinks can be harmful and are better avoided. And, take a look at the harmful effects it can cause:
- Weight gain – Having sugary beverages do not make you feel full and facilitate weight gain. It is due to the high caloric
- Fatty liver – The presence of sucrose and fructose in a high concentration can minimise your liver’s capacity to metabolise them. Due to this, your liver can develop non-alcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Belly Fat – The consumption of high sugar levels can contribute to metabolic disease and lead to a fat belly.
- Diabetes – Sugar drinks can lead to type 2 diabetes which can never be cured.
- Heart disease – Having them can lead to heart diseases.
- Chronic disease – Every soda drinker in the world is damaging their body and risking the development of cancerous cells.
- Dental health – Sugar drinks are acidic, ensuring an adverse effect on your teeth due to harmful bacteria.
How to Give Up on Sugary Drinks
Leaving it on a whim can be difficult if you have been drinking such beverages for a long time. However, it is not impossible. And all you have to do is follow the tips given below:
- Prepare your mind – The addictive nature of sugar can give you withdrawal symptoms, but you have to persevere through it.
- Do it today – Dragging out the process and prolonging it will only make it hard. So, do this inevitable deed today.
- Get a replacement – You can drink numerous drinks that do not have natural sweeteners in them. For example, you can try out products like natural drinks by Nexba.
If you want to live longer and have a healthy life, leaving your favourite soda behind should be your top priority. Otherwise, it can lead you to numerous bodily diseases like obesity and diabetes. And to leave sugary drinks, you need to have a strong will. So, start today, find a replacement, give up on such hazardous drinks and live a soulful life!