Several studies show that the eating habits of Australians today are less than ideal. More and more Australians have developed a healthy lifestyle consuming wholesome foods and weight loss to maintain their fitness and body weight. On average, an Australian adult has 5 to 7 servings of discretionary food that does not contribute to their nutritional requirements. Over 9 per cent of adults consume sweetened sugar drinks every day. These are some of the high-risk factors for weight gain and cardiac issues. Another issue that many people face is the habit of satiating food cravings.
What Are Food Cravings?
May it be a bag of crispy chips, a chocolate bar, a cronut; everyone has had an experience of food cravings at some point in their lives. They may have had a healthy and satisfying lunch but might be hit with an urge to eat something crunchy, salty or sweet. This experience is a food craving or an intense desire to consume a particular food or drink. It is different from hunger pangs which find satisfaction with any form of food. Cravings can usually be satisfied by a specific item. Foods that generally have a high-fat content of salt and sugar like chocolate, ice cream, pizza, soft drinks, lollies and chips top the chart for food cravings.
Why Do People Crave Certain Kinds of Food?
Cravings hit a person for various reasons. These can include emotional fluctuations like stress, sadness and tiredness, hormonal changes like pregnancy, menstruation, consuming specific medication etc., or environmental cues like passing by a fast-food chain or watching an ad on the screen. Researchers have studied the MRI of people during food cravings and found that the desire is related to memory, emotion and reward. Children who were offered ice cream to get over an injury might have developed a craving for sweets to get over a bad day as adults. Neuroscience studies show that high amounts of sugar and salt stimulate the same pleasure centres of the brain as addictive drugs. They give the consumer a euphoric and happy feeling when satisfied.
Why is it Important to Control Food Cravings?
While everyone experiences food cravings, satisfying the desire each time might not be healthy. It is especially true when cravings are associated with high cholesterol and sugary foods. Such cravings could derail healthy diet plans. Those trying to reduce their weight and maintain fitness through weight loss drops might find their efforts futile if they give in to their cravings. They can impact a person physically and psychologically if not kept under control. There are strategies one can use to manage such urges. Here are some of them:
Think Before Reaching Out
A researcher from Flinders University stated that cravings occur in two stages, beginning with an initial thought, usually through a visual or olfactory trigger, followed by vivid images of its taste. One can control the craving early on by using mindful thinking techniques. By becoming aware of the initial thought and dismissing it right then, one can prevent it from blowing up into an intense craving. One of the best ways to do this is by questioning if it is a hunger pang or a thirst that needs satisfying.
Visualise the Place Instead of the Item
During intense food cravings, individuals can almost taste the food as they visualise it vividly in their minds. Applying a theory that the mind can only handle a limited number of images, one can replace their food cravings with the imagery of something that they otherwise enjoy to tackle their desires.
What You Get for Your Money When You Buy A Faux Fur Coat or Jacket
Designers worldwide are turning to faux fur as a go-to material. Nowadays, winter fashion includes faux fur jackets and coats in various shapes and colours, allowing everyone to express their individual style preferences and interests. To avoid the environmental and ethical issues associated with fur, imitation fur is a superior option. Take a look at the benefits of faux fur below before making a buying decision this winter season.
- Faux furs and jackets are popular right now because of their fashionable appearance. Incorporating faux fur into your winter wardrobe is a stylish way to stay warm while looking stylish, whether you’re going to work or going out for dinner and a concert.
- Faux leather jackets and jackets are also trendy because of how easy they are to clean, which is another central selling point. Washing a faux fur coat or coat is a breeze compared to cleaning real fur, which can be time-consuming and pricey. Cleaning natural hair can indeed be expensive.
- Faux fur coats and outerwear have a long-term track record of durability. For so many years to come, you will be able to wear these pieces because of their timeless elegance. They’ll last you a long time and still be in excellent condition so that you may wear them with complete confidence.
- Aside from that, you won’t discover any specific guidelines for storing the faux fur coat and jacket in the summer. Like fur, a coat or jacket that you don’t plan to wear for a while can be stored in your closet without fear of ruining the structure of the skin or jacket.
- Since it is fully animal-friendly, faux fur has become a popular choice among fashionistas. You don’t want to be concerned that making your coat and jacket resulted in the death of an animal anywhere in the world. A single garment or jacket may necessitate the use of dozens or even hundreds of animals. With faux fur jackets and coats, you can feel confident that no animals were harmed in the process of making your purchase.
- More than that, there is no shortage of options for purchasing a faux fur jacket. There are thousands of coats waiting to be added to your winter collection in the form of online fashion stores. There are a variety of coat and jacket lengths to pick from, based on your style and preferences.
- Among the many reasons faux fur has become so popular is that it comes in a wide selection of colours because then you can make a dramatic statement everywhere you go.
- The durability of the faux fur jackets and coats you choose is quite important, so make sure you pay attention to small specific and make sure you can wear this with confidence. Your supplier should have a long history, a solid track record, a wide choice of products, and excellent customer service.
Take advantage of a supplier that has a large inventory and can deliver your faux fur garments quickly.
Keeping it organised is a cinch
Real fur must be cleaned and stored by a professional. If you don’t, moths and variable temperatures and humidity levels could cause damage to your clothing. You can hire a professional to keep your furs in the warmer months. You may keep your faux fur items, along with your other winter coats and sweaters, all summer long if you keep them in an excellent, dry location.