Shed wings & body parts, mud tubes on the walls, damage to drywall, unexplainable sounds at night, bite marks on the body, frequent allergies – These are all signs of pest infestation. Pests like termites, rodents, roaches, carpenter ants, bed bugs, spiders, mice, and mosquitos are common pests found in Texas homes. If you need help with pest control Cedar Park, TX, here are the 7 tips you need.
- Look for a licensed service. It is common for people to use the terms “pest control” and “exterminators” interchangeably. Exterminators just specialize in one aspect – killing pests. On the contrary, pest control companies do much more. These are experienced and known services that are licensed and follow standard protocols.
- Ask about insurance. Homeowners often forget that pest control is a risky job. Any damage to your property or any accident could become your implied liability. When you look for a pest control company, ensure that they are insured. The company must have insured workers and should have liability insurance.
- Discuss the costs. For select jobs, such as termite inspection, you may get an advanced estimate from the shortlisted service. However, the actual pest control work depends on the extent of the infestation. You should ask the company to give you an estimate in advance.
- Find more about methods. Exterminators often use pesticides and chemicals extensively to remove pests from a property. Modern pest control is not the same. these companies rely on products and methods that are safe for humans and other animals and take additional steps to mitigate environmental risks.
- Discuss warranty and other aspects. What if the pest problem persists after the company is done with pest control? A professional service will typically have some sort of assurance on the job. They will send their experts to re-inspect and fix the problem.
- Ask about safety measures. What are some of the additional steps that a company is taking to keep your home and property safe? Are they using products that are safe for kids and pets? Make sure that you discuss these aspects before signing the contract.
- Ask for preventive pest control. Top companies make an effort to help customers, and many of them have preventive pest control and maintenance contracts. If you get a contract, you don’t have to worry about inspecting your property. The company will send a team for periodic inspection and pest control.
Find a local service in Cedar Park now!